This warm and spicy miso soup uses leftovers from my Almond, Coconut, and Miso-Crusted Chicken recipe. If you don’t have any leftovers, you can use any cooked chicken.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 inch (2.5 centimetres) of ginger, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 1 leftover chicken breast or other leftover chicken, cut into 1 inch (2.5 centimetre) cubes
- 1/4 cup of miso
- 4 cups (1 litre) unsalted chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons chili oil, or to taste
- handful of noodles of your choice (I used black bean spaghetti)
- In a stockpot, combine the miso, chicken broth, and chili oil and bring to a boil.
- In a medium size frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, heat to med-high, add the ginger and broccoli, and stir-fry until your desired doneness.
- Add the broccoli to the stockpot.
- In the frying pan, on medium high, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil, add the chicken and fry until slightly browned and warm.
- In a separate pot, cook your noodles of choice, and then drain.
- Add your cooked noodles to the stockpot.