Last Updated on
Salty, savoury seaweed is paired with avocado, nectarines, and cashews and topped with a sumac and honey dressing in this eye-catching salad. Sumac is often associated with Middle Eastern cooking, but its sweet, citrusy flavour mingles beautifully with the honey, avocado oil, and rice wine vinegar dressing.
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 4 teaspoons honey (Vegans, use your favourite sweetener)
- seaweed salad mix (I used a 25 gram/.09 ounce package, called seavegi, by seassnax)
- 1 or 2 nectarines, in slices (if nectarines are not in season, apricots, plums, or oranges would all work well)
- 1 avocado, in slices
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup toasted cashews
- Follow the instructions on your seaweed salad package to rehydrate the seaweed.
- After you have drained the seaweed, place it between 2 clean tea towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Make the dressing by combing the avocado oil, rice wine vinegar, sumac, and honey.
- Dress the salad (the amount needed will obviously vary depending on your quantity of seaweed; this should be plenty of dressing if you are using a 25 gram package.
- Toss in nectarines and avocado, and top with toasted cashews.
PS – I categorized this under “get your vegetables in!” cause seaweed is considered a sea vegetable. If your curious about sumac but don’t want to buy it just to try a single recipe, it’s also included in my Sexed-Up Shredded Wheat recipe.