Sometimes you just feel like a potato…eating one that is. There’s a reason why they’re such a classic comfort food. Why not top your next serving with a salty, lemony feta sauce with a hint of mint. This is a super quick recipe. Just get the potatoes boiling and then whip up the sauce in the blender.
- 1 pound potatoes (I used Russian Blue)
- 1/2 cup feta (I used Macedonian because it’s super creamy)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- brown butter, or regular butter
- additional feta to garnish
- Get the potatoes boiling.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the blender and puree until creamy. Alternatively, you could mash everything together with a potato masher or similar implement. You likely won’t be able to get it so creamy, but it will still be delicious!
- Transfer the feta sauce to a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and toss in brown butter, or plain butter.
- Pour the feta sauce over. Optionally, mash the sauce into the potatoes. Try to decide which one you like better!
- Garnish with additional feta.
What’s your favourite way to make potatoes?