Last Updated on
If you haven’t tried making Brown Butter, Baby now is the time. It’s the time because right after you make Brown Butter, you’re making this amazing Brown Butter and Parmesan Polenta sauce, in the same saucepan, natch. Guaranteed to be a go-to, once you’ve made this recipe, you’ll be able to replicate it without thinking. It’s that easy. And its super versatile – have it with pasta and your favourite tomato-based sauce. I had it with fettuccine and spicy bolognese. And yes, that is sauce on top of sauce on top of pasta. Have it to replace cheese on a burger – it would be delicious with beef, pork, chicken, even a portobello mushroom burger. Have it poured over some peas! Hell, have it off of the spatula, right out of the blender!
You need a good blender to do this justice.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 2 cups polenta round, cut into 1/2 inch sections
- 1/3 cup brown butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole goat milk), plus more to thin as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- What is your brown butter status?
- I already have some > Add it to a medium saucepan. Warm it up over low heat.
- I am making some now > make the butter and then pour all of the butter into a heatproof container. Don’t clean the saucepan. Add back in 1/3 cup of the butter and put it on low heat.
- Add in the polenta rounds, milk, and parmesan and mash together. This is just a first pass at the mashing so it doesn’t have to be very good. You are just making it a bit easier for the blender to process.
- Once the polenta mixture is broken down a bit, transfer all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. I own a Blendtec and I use the Soup button for this recipe.
- You may need to add some more milk to thin it a bit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tell me what you think!