Last Updated on
Looking for a quick lunch and/or an easy way to get a whole heap of veggies in – then this recipe’s for you! The key ingredients are equal parts zucchini and spinach, 2 cups each to be exact, and 1 tablespoon each of (vegan) butter and miso. Two tablespoons of sauce to 4 cups of veg might not sound sufficient but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the resulting buttery, salty, nutty goodness. Besides making a great lunch, this would make a great side for dinner, or you could add some protein and call it dinner.
- 2 cups zucchini noodles
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon (vegan) butter
- ginger powder or finely minced fresh ginger if you have the time
- optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili oil or hot chili powder
- salt to taste
- toasted nuts or roasted chickpeas, for garnish
- Use a spiralizer to create your noodles. (Straight up – I sometimes buy the zucchini already cut, pricey, but a timesaver. There’s no reason this really needs to be in noodle form though. It would be just as good cut into other shapes.)
- In a medium frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat and then stir in the miso paste.
- Add the ginger powder or fresh ginger and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the chili oil and salt to taste.
- Remove to serving dish and garnish with toasted nuts.
- Scroll on down to the Comments section and tell me what you think.
Ginger molasses cookies would be good for dessert.