Last Updated on
Practice the plant-based version of nose to tail cooking by using your veggie tops. This beet top salad makes a colourful and delicious appetizer or lunch. Super simple to prepare and a treat to eat with its luscious combo of lemon-infused olive oil, honey, and queso freso. I actually fried this up really quickly for some sustenance while waiting for some beets to roast for a different recipe that I’ll be posting soon. You could also use the beets themselves to make a delicious Beet, Blueberry, and Tarragon Juice
- 2 cups chopped beet tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup queso freso, crumbled. Feta would work as a substitute.
- black pepper and/or sea salt to taste
- In a medium frying pan, add the olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Add the beet tops and fry until the edges are starting to get brown and crunchy. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the lemon oil and honey.
- Add the beet tops to the lemon oil and honey mix.
- Plate the salad, topping with crumbled queso fresco and salt and pepper to taste.