Last Updated on
If you liked my Spicy Cashew Butter recipe and were thinking about giving it a try, here’s another reason to do so. You can double the batch and use half to make this filling and delicious vegan and gluten-free soup. I used acorn squash, you could also use butternut or kabocha, or a mix of all three. The soup is pictured here with a delicata squash garnish, these have skins that are more readily edible than other squashes.
Most of the prep time is in getting the squash roasted and the squash off the skin. If you have a really good blender, you can throw the squash, skin and all, into the blender. Obviously, check first to ensure that your chosen squash has edible skin.
- 4 cups of roasted squash
- 1 cup of Spicy Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup pear
- 1 cup plus more milk to create desired soup consistency (any kind of milk would work here, whether animal or plant-based)
- salt to taste
- optional for garnish: 1 Delicata squash, sliced thinly and roasted for about 10 minutes until the edges are browning
- In your blender, combine all ingredients, except the delicata squash.
- Puree until smooth, adding more milk to bring it to your desired texture.
- Heat and serve, garnished with the delicata squash.
- Scroll on down to the Comments section and tell me what you think. I’d love your feedback.