Last Updated on
These tasty meatballs make a great appetizer or party dish. Full of flavour – from the salty, savoury fish sauce to the zingy ginger and fresh Thai basil – this one’s a palate pleaser. You can serve it on skewers as pictured here, or it’s crazy delish in place of an egg on my Baby Green’s Breakfast Salad.
- 750 grams medium ground pork
- 4 tablespoons Vietnamese chili sauce (any spicy sauce would work in a pinch)
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (most should be gluten free, but please read the label)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped Thai basil (cilantro or mint would also be good or a mix), plus extra leaves for garnish
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Combine all ingredients together and roll into meatballs about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Heat a large frying pan and fry the meatballs over medium high heat, rotating the balls with a slotted spoon every few minutes so they are cooked evenly on all sides.
- In a grill pan, or under the broiler, grill the pineapple for a few minutes.
- Serve on skewers with grilled pineapple and Thai basil leaves.