Love shrimp tacos but find the crunchy corn tacos too hard to eat? I’ve got two words for you – nacho-ize them! You can whip these up in minutes! Why not have them for dinner – and yes, of course, it’s a balanced meal – high in protein, plant-based (corn chips!) and a little green for good measure (the cilantro!). So tasty on their own, but even more yum with the Pineapple Tequila Salsa.
- 1 1/2 cup corn chips
- 3/4 cup Monterey jack or mozzarella, grated
- 3-4 large shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or orange juice
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Put the chips on a baking sheet and top with the Monterey jack or mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for about 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil to a small frying pan and saute shrimp for a few minutes until pink and done and then combine with the lime or orange juice.
- Top the nachos with the feta, shrimp, and cilantro.
- Serve with Pineapple Tequila Salsa.