Looking for an easy and festive side? Look no further with these simple vegan pan-fried Brussel sprouts, gently caramelized with orange juice and dates, and topped with toasted pecans or hazelnuts.
Vegan Pan-fried Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, trimmed, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 dates chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans or hazelnuts, for garnish
- In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium, add the Brussel sprouts, placing them cut side down.Add the orange juice and dates. Cook for about 12 – 15 minutes until the sprouts are tender. Add more orange juice during cooking if necessary to keep the sprouts liquid.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper and garnish with pecans or hazelnuts.
Nutritional InformationNutritional information is an estimate, based on Brussel Sprouts without the nut garnish.
PIN: Vegan Pan-fried Brussel Sprouts
Say Hello! And Keep Connected!
I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe and the site in general! It’s always so nice to hear from readers, so much time/money/effort goes into each and every post, it’s gratifying to know that someone appreciates it.
If you want to ensure you always get the latest and greatest from not not nutritious, go on and subscribe via email.
You’ll never miss a post.
And I’ll never miss you!
I promise I’ll never sell your email or use it for anything other than sending you blog posts, without your explicit permission.
You can also follow not not on any or all of your favourite social media sites: Facebook, Insta, or Pinterest.
Thanks for reading!