Leek and Sweet Potato Soup! It’s easy, it’s tasty! Roasting the leeks and the sweet potato adds a lovely depth of flavour. The coconut milk makes it nice and creamy. And it’s vegan and gluten-free too! Enjoy!
Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 cup leeks, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups sweet potato, sliced evenly
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (the milk substitute kind, not the canned kind)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ginger, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the leeks and sweet potatoes on separate baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil and roast until soft and browned, about 20 minutes for the leeks and 25-30 minutes for the sweet potato. Remove from oven, and optionally set aside some sweet potatoes and leeks for garnishing the soup later.
- Saute the ginger in the coconut oil.
- In a blender, put the ginger, the roasted leeks and 1 cup of coconut milk and blend until smooth. Add the remaining milk and the sweet potato and blend until smooth. Add more milk as desired.
- Serve garnished with sweet potato and crispy fried leeks or with Pineapple Tequila Salsa.
Nutritional InformationNutritional information is an estimate only and is based on using coconut milk that it the milk substitute kind, not canned coconut milk.
Wanna Pin It?
Looking for Other Soup Ideas?
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup (Vegan)
- Roasted Carrot Soup (Vegan or Vegetarian)
- White Bean, Bacon, and Rosemary Soup (Meat eater)
I ♥ Feedback!
I’m always thrilled when people take the time to like my posts, share my recipes on Facebook, or send me a note.
Don’t miss a post! Keep up-to-date by following not not on any or all of your favourite social media sites: Facebook, Insta, or Pinterest.