Leek and Sweet Potato Soup! It’s easy, it’s tasty! Roasting the leeks and the sweet potato adds a lovely depth of flavour. The coconut milk makes it nice and creamy. And it’s vegan and gluten-free too! Enjoy!
Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 cup leeks, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups sweet potato, sliced evenly
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (the milk substitute kind, not the canned kind)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ginger, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the leeks and sweet potatoes on separate baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil and roast until soft and browned, about 20 minutes for the leeks and 25-30 minutes for the sweet potato. Remove from oven, and optionally set aside some sweet potatoes and leeks for garnishing the soup later.
- Saute the ginger in the coconut oil.
- In a blender, put the ginger, the roasted leeks and 1 cup of coconut milk and blend until smooth. Add the remaining milk and the sweet potato and blend until smooth. Add more milk as desired.
- Serve garnished with sweet potato and crispy fried leeks or with Pineapple Tequila Salsa.