I’m loving lemons lately and my newest ode to this versatile fruit is this lemon spinach hummus. Featuring both lemon juice and lemon-infused olive oil, it packs a nice lemony punch. Perfect for parties, it’s gluten free, dairy-free, and vegan. But don’t wait for your next party to make it. Have it for lunch smeared on a bagel, or with crackers or veggies for a late afternoon pick me.
You’ll need a blender to whip this up.
Don’t forget to save your lemon rinds and the chickpea water, aka aquafaba (see our post, Aquafaba: An Easy Vegan Egg Replacer), as you can use both of them in my Thai Inspired Spicy Lemon Sauce with Crispy Pan-Fried Tofu and my Triple Threat Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Basil Coconut Glaze. Yummy food and no wasting! Gold stars all round. (Do they still do that in school? Probably not, these days I bet, all stars are equal but different!)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus additional for serving
- 2 packed cups of spinach
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder or 2 plus garlic cloves to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in your blender, in the order specified.
- Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding lemon juice or salt as needed.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Enjoy with your favourite crackers, fresh veggies, bagels or bread.
- Scroll on down to the comment box and tell me what you think!