Why buy a jar of salsa when it’s so easy to whip up your own? It just takes a few minutes to roast the components, then you dice’em up, toss in the tequila, some citrus, and cilantro and you’re good to go! You need nothing more than some good corn chips to enjoy this salsa. It would also be an awesome option over broiled fish or chicken.
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple, cut lengthways into even pieces
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded, cut in half
- 1/4 cup white onion, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon tequila (You can leave out if you don’t have any handy, or if you are feeding this to kids!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely minced
- Set your oven to broil on high.
- Put the cut pineapple, jalapeños, and white onion on a baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler, and broil until you see some brown bits/char. In my oven, this takes about 14 minutes but ovens vary, so you’ll want to keep close watch.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and then dice into salsa-appropriate sized pieces. [Confession: Sometimes when I am too lazy to dice I actually just throw everything in the blender and make a pureed version of this – doesn’t look quite so pretty but sometimes hunger overrides presentation!]
- Combine with the cilantro, tequila, and orange or lime juice, (If you are making these to go with the Shrimp Taco Nachos, use whatever citrus juice you used with the shrimp).
- Scroll on down to the comments and tell me what you think! What will you eat this with?
[…] Love shrimp tacos but find the crunchy corn tacos too hard to eat? I’ve got two words for you – nacho-ize them! You can whip these up in minutes! Why not have them for dinner – and yes, of course, it’s a balanced meal – high in protein, plant-based (corn chips!) and a little green for good measure (the cilantro!). So tasty on their own, but even more yum with the Pineapple Tequila Salsa. […]
Yummm! This might be my all time favorite salsa! Great recipe!
Yay!! Good to hear that!