This Spicy Orange Cashew Dip is a perfect snack — full of flavour and you can make it in mere minutes.
This recipe combines my Spicy Cashew Butter with the fresh squeezed orange juice and hot chili powder. Pair it with crunchy veggies like these rainbow carrots. Broccoli would work too or parsnips! Yes, you can eat them raw!
Or, thin out the dip with a little extra orange juice to make a dressing, and toss with grated carrots and cabbage to make a zesty slaw. Optionally, add in some crushed cashews and fresh cilantro.
Eating Together Made Easy
This recipe is 100% plant-based. As well as serving it as dip or dressing, it would make a great sauce drizzled over a Buddha Bowl with toasted quinoa and roasted root vegetables. If there are omnivores in the crowd, add some roasted chicken for them.
Spicy Orange Cashew Dip and Dressing
- 1 recipe Spicy Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (or more if you want to make this into a thinner dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- Make the Spicy Cashew Butter and leave it in the blender.Add in the orange juice and chili powder and blend until smooth.If you want a thinner consistency, add more orange juice.
- Pair it with crunchy veggies like some colourful rainbow carrots. Broccoli would work too or parsnips! Yes, you can eat them raw!
- Toss with grated carrots and cabbage to make a zesty slaw. Optionally, add in some crushed cashews and fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle over a bowl of toasted quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes or yam.
PIN Spicy Orange Cashew Dip for later!
An Impromptu Guest Stylist
The photos are fun, don’t you think? I had an impromptu guest stylist this post. My sweetie Mikael conjured up this arrangement while I had my back turned. I loved it and, barring a tiny nudge to an orange segment, left it exactly as he designed it.