Savoury Vegan Cheesecake
Perfect for a dairy-free grazing platter, this Savoury Vegan Cheesecake is an easy make ahead
appetizer. Garnish with olives, roasted or pickled peppers, caramelized onions, etc and serve alongside some hearty crackers.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (the liquid from canned or cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon miso (We used brown rice miso which is gluten-free. Not all miso is gluten-free, so check before using.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Mother Mix
Optionally, if you don't have the Mother Mix:
- 1/2 cup almond flour (also called ground blanched almonds)
- 1.5 tablespoons tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add more to taste)
Optionally, for garnish
- mixed olives, roasted peppers, Peruvian or Sweet Drop peppers, sundried-tomatoes, roasted garlic, etc.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until the mixture is a thick and the chickpeas are completely incorporated. Pour into a 4 1/2 springform pan and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.
Let cool and refrigerate for a few hours before removing from the pan.
Garnish with your choice of olives, pickled or roasted peppers, Peruvian or Sweety Drop peppers, roasted garlic, fresh thyme leaves, etc. Serve with hearty crackers.
This will keep well in the fridge for at least 3 or 4 days.
Is Miso Gluten-Free?
If you are gluten-free, please check the ingredients, as some misos are gluten-free and some are not. For this recipe, we used used amano genmai, or brown rice miso, which contains brown rice, soy beans, sea salt, water, and a culture.
Nutrition information is an estimate only and does not include garnishes.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg