15-Minute Thai Green Curry
A veggie-laden, Thai-inspired green curry that you get on the table in about 15 minutes, using no-chop, no-prep frozen spinach and edamame beans, along with purchased carrot noodles, and fresh baby bok choy. Includes a quick no-fish fish sauce for vegans to replace fish sauce in Asian recipes, like Thai currys.
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (See recipe notes, depending on the brand, you may need more)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons ginger, finely minced
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk (About a 400 ml can - a little more or less is fine)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups baby bok choy
- 1 cup carrots (matchstick or noodles)
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons no-fish fish sauce (or vegan fish sauce, or just fish sauce)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (any kind)
No-fish fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir in the curry paste and ginger and fry for about 3 minutes.
Add in the remaining ingredient and stir and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings: add more curry paste for spiciness, more soy sauce for salt, more citrus (orange juice or you could use lime as well) and more fish sauce or no-fish sauce for umami and depth of flavour.
About Green Curry Paste
See the post for detailed information, but keep in mind that not all store-bought green curry pastes are identical. We prefer Cock brand. This brand is spicier and more flavourful than the Thai Kitchen brand. If using Thai Kitchen, use start with 1 tablespoon and add more as desired.
About No-Fish Fish Sauce
This is a quick substitute for fish sauce. If you're not vegan, you can substitute with regular fish sauce.
Nutritional information is an estimate only.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 818mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 17729IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 4mg