This sweet and spicy Nectarine Salsa is simple and delicious. Serve with your favourite corn chips, spoon over grilled fish or chicken, or dollop on your favourite tacos for a burst of flavour.
Servings: 24 2 tablespoons each
- 2-3 nectarines, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced (or substitute red onion)
- 1 bird's eye chili, seeds removed, finely diced (also called Thai red chilis, or sub jalapeno, or other hot pepper)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
Add the nectarines, tomato, cilantro, shallot, and chili to a serving dish and stir. Stir in the lime juice and honey/sugar. Taste and add more lime if desired.
About the Quantities
You can vary the ratio of nectarines and tomatoes to your taste.
- If nectarines aren't in season or aren't available, this would be good with fresh peaches or mango. If using mango, you might not need any sweetener.
- If you can't find shallots, you can substitute red onions.
- If you can't find bird's eye chili, also called Thai red chilis, you can substitute with jalapeno pepper, or any hot pepper (test a small piece to determine how hot it is).
This is best served fresh. You can store it in the fridge for a few hours or a day or so in a well-sealed container.
Serving: 2tablespooons | Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg