Sweet and mustardy with a smooth brown butter finish, this easy homemade barbecue sauce works with brats, sausages, burgers or meatloaf. Make it vegetarian using brown butter or use our vegan brown butter for a plant-based version. Once you’ve made your brown butter (either version takes about 20 minutes), just pop all the ingredients in the blender and you’re done.
Other Brown Butter Recipes
- Brown Butter Chocolate Syrup
- Pineapple Brown Butter Teriyaki Sauce
- Vegan Brown Butter Shortbread
- Vegan Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Ginger Brown Butter Sauce
- Pear Tart with Brown Butter Crust
Brown Butter Barbecue Sauce
Sweet and mustardy, you'll love this easy homemade barbecue sauce with your favourite brats, sausages, burgers, or meatloaf. Make it vegan with our vegan brown butter, or vegetarian with regular brown butter.
Servings: 8 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
For vegetarian version
- 2 tablespoons brown butter
For plant-based version
- 2 tablespoons vegan brown butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 30mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 126IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg
Questions? Comments? We love to hear from you!