Sweet and mustardy with a smooth brown butter finish, this easy homemade barbecue sauce works with brats, sausages, burgers or meatloaf. Make it vegetarian using brown butter or use our vegan brown butter for a plant-based version. Once you’ve made your brown butter (either version takes about 20 minutes), just pop all the ingredients in the blender and you’re done.
Other Brown Butter Recipes
- Brown Butter Chocolate Syrup
- Pineapple Brown Butter Teriyaki Sauce
- Vegan Brown Butter Shortbread
- Vegan Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Ginger Brown Butter Sauce
- Pear Tart with Brown Butter Crust
Brown Butter Barbecue Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
For vegetarian version
- 2 tablespoons brown butter
For plant-based version
- 2 tablespoons vegan brown butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Questions? Comments? We love to hear from you!