This Spicy Cashew Butter recipe is perfect for those days when you want something healthy and tasty but you are too tired or too busy to spend a lot of time cooking. Containing cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, hot chili powder, and sea salt it’s a palate-pleasing mix of savoury flavours. It’s great smeared on toast or thin it out a bit with water and some miso and use it as a sauce over some stir-fried veggies.
Vegan and gluten-free, this takes less than 10 minutes to make – 5 minutes to cook up the spice mix and then about a minute in the blender and you are done. You need a good blender for this if you want the texture to resemble store-bought nut butter.
- 1 teaspoon each of dried spice:
- 1/4 teaspoon each of:
- hot chilli powder
- sea sat
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of cashews
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add all of the spices, stir together and fry over low to medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the spice/oil mix in the blender.
- Add the cashews.
- Blend on Nut Butter mode or equivalent for your blender.
Delicious on toast, a bagel, by the spoonful.