Last Updated on
This Spicy Cashew Butter recipe is perfect for when you want something healthy and tasty but you’re too tired or busy to spend a lot of time cooking. A mix of cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, hot chili powder, and sea salt it’s sure to be a palate-pleaser! Great smeared on toast or thin it out a bit with water and use it as a sauce over some stir-fried or roasted veggies. Or add to tomato-based soups to give a nice depth of flavour!
Vegan and gluten-free, this takes very little prep, just 5 minutes to cook the spice mix and then as much time as it needs in the blender to get to your desired level of crunchiness or creaminess!
Delicious on toast, a bagel, by the spoonful!
Or get faux fancy and make a side of toast points!
- 1 teaspoon each of dried spice:
- 1/4 teaspoon each of:
- hot chilli powder
- sea sat
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of cashews
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add all of the spices, stir together and fry over low to medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the spice/oil mix in the blender.
- Add the cashews.
- Blend until you reach your desired smoothness. Depending on how powerful your blender is and how creamy you want it, this may take a few minutes.
Thanks for reading! Say hello!!
Scroll on down and say hello! I’m always thrilled when people take the time to write a little note.