It smells like toffee – deep, delicious, nutty. If cookbooks had dictionaries, under “panacea,” you’d find brown butter.
Anywhere butter goes, brown butter goes better. Pour it over roasted veggies, drizzle it on Blueberry Buckwheat pancakes, hell add it to your coffee if you’re Keto-ing it.
Makes 1/2 cup, but you’re gonna wanna double it.
For you work from home types – I’m calling you wofrohs from now on, this would be easy to make while attending a virtual meeting. Ready, headset, go…
10 to 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter – consider bypassing your grocery store brand and sussing out butters from small-scale dairies or other countries. You might pay more for it but your microbiome will thank you for the variety.
Use a pot with a glass lid if you have one.
- Cut the butter into smallish cubes. The size really doesn’t matter. Smaller will cook faster but if you’re like me it also takes longer to cut up, leaving you pondering the whole zero sum game phenomena.
- Put butter into a medium size sauce over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the lid to the pot once the butter starts to sizzle/boil. Take it off every now and then to stir.
- After about 8-10 minutes the butter will start foaming and browning. Watch it carefully at this point as it can go from brown to black quickly.
- Mine usually takes 13 minutes. I tend to undercook it but it’s still delicious.
This will keep well in the fridge.