Pair seasonal fruit with our 1-minute Vegan Ricotta, toasted pecans, and a drizzle of sweetener and you’ve got yourself a Dairy-free Fruit Parfait, a quick and delicious breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Choosing Fruit for Your Parfait
We’ve used black plums and the same juicy donut peaches that we used in our 1-Bowl Donut Peach Scones. But use whatever fruit is at its peak of flavour, whether that be peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots, or tropical fruit like pineapple and mango. Pick a single fruit or a duo or trio, up to you – focusing on flavour, but consider also contrasting colours, sizes, and textures, too.
Some suggested combinations:
- cherries and blueberries
- peaches and blackberries
- nectarines and raspberries
- apricots and plums
- strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- mango, pineapple, and kiwi
- purple grapes, banana, and mandarin oranges
- pink grapefruit, blueberries, and Honeydew melon
Seasonal fruit guides
Not sure what fruit is at its peak of flavour? Here are some seasonal food guides:
Making Dairy-Free Fruit Parfait
The pecans take about 8 minutes to toast, so get them in the oven first, then slice up your fruit and finally make the ricotta. 1-Minute Vegan Ricotta really does just take one minute to make! This dairy-free ricotta requires no prep time or fancy equipment, just a bowl, spoon, and measuring cups.
Once the pecans are toasted, give them a minute or two to cool down so that you can handle them safely and then give them a quick chop. Now it’s just a matter of assembly.
Assembling the Parfait
Start with a layer of fruit – about 1/4 cup – or whatever you need to fill the bottom of your serving dish. Sprinkle with a few nuts and add a heaping tablespoon of ricotta. Repeat, ending with a dollop or ricotta, another sprinkle of nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. If you’re not vegan, honey is delicious too.
Dairy-Free Fruit Parfait
- .25 cup plums, sliced (Or replace with any other fruit)
- .25 cup peaches, sliced (Or replace with any other fruit)
- 4 tablespoons 1-minute vegan ricotta (Link to recipe is below)
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- liquid sweetener, to taste (maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
Prepare the pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes until toasted.
- Let them cool and then chop finely.
Make the 1-Minute Vegan Ricotta
Assemble the parfait
- Put a few tablespoons of chopped fruit in the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of nuts.
- Add a tablespoon of ricotta.
- Repeat, ending with a ricotta, and then a drizzle of your desired sweetener, such as maple syrup, or honey (if not vegan).