Pair seasonal fruit with our 1-minute Vegan Ricotta, toasted pecans, and a drizzle of sweetener and you’ve got yourself a Dairy-free Fruit Parfait, a quick and delicious breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Choosing Fruit for Your Parfait
We’ve used black plums and the same juicy donut peaches that we used in our 1-Bowl Donut Peach Scones. But use whatever fruit is at its peak of flavour, whether that be peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots, or tropical fruit like pineapple and mango. Pick a single fruit or a duo or trio, up to you – focusing on flavour, but consider also contrasting colours, sizes, and textures, too.
Some suggested combinations:
- cherries and blueberries
- peaches and blackberries
- nectarines and raspberries
- apricots and plums
- strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- mango, pineapple, and kiwi
- purple grapes, banana, and mandarin oranges
- pink grapefruit, blueberries, and Honeydew melon
Seasonal fruit guides: For the best-ever Dairy-Free Fruit Parfait
Not sure what fruit is at its peak of flavour? Here are some seasonal food guides:
Making Dairy-Free Fruit Parfait
The pecans take about 8 minutes to toast, so get them in the oven first, then slice up your fruit and finally make the ricotta. 1-Minute Vegan Ricotta really does just take one minute to make! This dairy-free ricotta requires no prep time or fancy equipment, just a bowl, spoon, and measuring cups.
Once the pecans are toasted, give them a minute or two to cool down so that you can handle them safely and then give them a quick chop. Now it’s just a matter of assembly.
Assembling the Parfait
Start with a layer of fruit – about 1/4 cup – or whatever you need to fill the bottom of your serving dish. Sprinkle with a few nuts and add a heaping tablespoon of ricotta. Repeat, ending with a dollop or ricotta, another sprinkle of nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. If you’re not vegan, honey is delicious too.
Dairy-Free Parfait: Variations for Different Diets
This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. It can easily be modified for different diets:
- To make a vegetarian version, use honey instead of maple syrup
- To make this low-carb friendly, pair with blueberries or strawberries, being sure to check the carb count for the volume you that use and omit the sugar or replace with a small amount of coconut sugar, or low carb-approved sweeteners
You might also like…
Dairy-Free Fruit Parfait
- .25 cup plums, sliced (Or replace with any other fruit)
- .25 cup peaches, sliced (Or replace with any other fruit)
- 4 tablespoons 1-minute vegan ricotta (Link to recipe is below)
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- liquid sweetener, to taste (maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
Prepare the pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes until toasted.
- Let them cool and then chop finely.
Make the 1-Minute Vegan Ricotta
Assemble the parfait
- Put a few tablespoons of chopped fruit in the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of nuts.
- Add a tablespoon of ricotta.
- Repeat, ending with a ricotta, and then a drizzle of your desired sweetener, such as maple syrup, or honey (if not vegan).
Choosing FruitYou can swap the plums and peaches with any seasonal fruit. Use a single type of fruit, or two, or three different kinds. Choose contrasting colours and flavours.
StorageYou can prep this ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few hours, or up to a day, if in a well-sealed container.
Nutrition FactsNutrition information is an estimate only, based on peaches and plums, and without added sweetener.
We love to hear from you! Got questions, concerns, or advice on how we can make your experience better? Drop a comment below.